Practising Law Institute – Representing the Consumerhttps://bardolawpc.com/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 StacyBardo StacyBardo https://bardolawpc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/LinkedIn-StacyBardo-BardoLawPC-150x150.jpg
Stacy Bardo will be in San Francisco to help train other attorneys on representing consumer clients.
Why You Should Attend
Volunteer lawyers are needed to help the many low income clients facing a wide assortment of consumer law matters who are unrepresented. Attend this program to learn the basics of consumer law so that you can competently represent a client in need and learn new advocacy skills.
What You Will Learn
• Introduction to Fair Credit Reporting Act
• Overview of State and Federal Restraints on Debt Collection
• A Primer on Automobile Fraud
• Representing the Unsecured Debtor
• Mortgage Servicer Litigation
• Assisting Student Loan Borrowers
• Developing a Working Relationship with Legal Services Organizations