Stacy Bardo will speak at “Representing the Pro Bono Client: Consumer Law Basics 2020.” This annual event is sponsored by PLI, the Practicing Law Institute, and will be a Live Webcast.
Agenda to include:
• Introduction to the Fair Credit Reporting Act
• Overview of State and Federal Restraints on Debt Collection
• A Primer on Automobile Fraud
• Representing the Unsecured Debtor
• Mortgage Servicer Litigation
• Assisting Student Loan Borrowers
• Developing a Working Relationship with Legal Services Organizations
Stacy is a frequent guest lecturer, serving on panels hosted by, among others, the Chicago Bar Association, the National Consumer Law Center, the National Association of Consumer Advocates, the Illinois Creditors’ Bar Association, and the Lawyers’ Trust Fund of Illinois. In 2018, Stacy joined PLI’s faculty for Representing the Pro Bono Client: Consumer Law Basics and is thrilled to be asked back in 2020. She has also been honored to present at PLI’s 23rd and 24th Annual Consumer Financial Services Institutes.